Sunday, May 17, 2020

Sharing Smiles

Today I'm sharing some of the fun and crafty projects that I've recently received from my sweet, thoughtful and talented friends.


My dear friend Bev surprised me on Mothers Day with this beautiful U-fold or Bridgefold style card. View from the top shows how she adhered the jar filled with layered paper pieced flowers and foilage onto the center strut inside to give the appearance of a shadowbox. Love, love the bright and cheery colors she used...so pretty!

This amazing Mothers Day surprise is from my multi talented friend, Lorna. Really love the sparkly  daisy dish scrubby she crocheted...almost too pretty to use! Lorna packaged her lovely scrubby together with a sweet treat in a cello bag sealed with some polka dot washi tape and a cute layered tag to match the scrubby.

Awww! Lorna also created this super kawaii Boys Day Totoro treat holder. I especially liked the intricate cuts on Totoro's brightly colored koinobori or flying carp...very festive!

Now this treat holder from Lorna is truly a sign of the times, right? She decorated this sleeve style treat holder with the most adorable peeking bunny wearing a face mask and filled it with a package of mini oreos; cuter than cute!

Here's a fun card that's a little unconventional, but sure to bring a smile from my sweet crafting buddy, Kris. For one thing, this definitely has to be the first toilet bowl card I've ever received!

Pulling down on the toilet paper of this Waterfall style card makes the toilet bowl lid flip open to show a mouse inside your toilet with a request... and pulling the toilet paper down further flips the toilet seat up! Hubby and I both got a good laugh from this fun card.
Special thanks to my thoughtful and caring friends who shared their crafty talents to lift my spirits and bring a little cheer during these unprecedented times of uncertainty. The good news is that we have significantly "flattened the curve" in our state and stay at home restrictions are slowly being eased. Please continue to stay safe, everyone!

No comments: