Sunday, April 19, 2020

Sakura Treat Boxes

Just a few days prior to the shut down of all restaurants, and work at home and shelter in place proclamations took effect in our area last month, we had lunch with some of our dear friends who had just found out their spring cruise to Japan had been cancelled due to the outbreak of Covid 19.They chose to get together at a Japanese restaurant to "make up for all the delicious Japanese food we'll be missing"; so I decided to make these sakura treat boxes in hopes of helping to ease some of the disappointment from their missed vacation.

I used the same box template I had used earlier in March for my Hinamatsuri (Girls Day) treat boxes, but this time used a solid color for the box which seemed to give this set of boxes a very different look and feel. I used the same pearlescent pink and gold papers for the sakura flower closure but this time selected a muted green for the box instead of the printed kokeshi paper I had used for my Girls Day treat boxes.



The original template for this box is Pebbles In My Pocket's Slide Box with Snowflake cutting file purchased from the Lori Whitlock Shop. I used Make the Cut design program to render a cherry blossom image into a cut file then swapped it out with the snowflake closure that came with the original box file.

Boxes were filled with homemade chichi dango mochi which were packed first into mini plastic bento boxes. Definitely can't compare with all the yummies they would've had while on their cruise, but hopefully it brought at least a little smile to their tummies!

No comments: