Saturday, February 29, 2020

More Year of the Rat Goodies

As promised, I have more paper crafting projects created by my super talented friends to share! These adorable Year of the Rat treat holders were put together by sweet Lorna.

How cute are this pair of  paper pieced daruma rats! 



But wait, this all gets even better... Lorna adhered her larger daruma rat to a can of tuna! She covered the label with gold cardstock, and lo and behold, her daruma rat rocks back and forth, just like a real daruma doll! Clever, right! Believe me when I say this lady is totally out of the box creative!

Lorna attached a pouch of rice crackers to the backside of the smaller daruma rat, which nicely doubles as a display stand for the cute little rat.

To celebrate Chinese New Year, Lorna made these knock-your-socks-off amazing Year of the Rat treat holders that she created from Chinese lai see envelopes.


I love that she even made "Year of the Rat" stands for them to sit on, and tied a ribbon onto their tails!
If you think you'd like to give this craft a try, you can find video tutorials here on You Tube.

This super kawaii Year of the Rat refrigerator magnet was created and shared by one of our sweet and talented craft club members, Aileen at our last meeting. She used Make the Cut program to design her calendar, and used washi paper and pearlized cardstocks to piece it all together. So shimmery and pretty! I am very fortunate to have so many creative and talented friends who always share and continue to inspire me!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Gosh, your friends are creative like you. I love their projects and I'm inspired to be more clever in my treat packaging and calendars. Thanks!