Friday, February 14, 2020

"Koala-fied" To Give Hugs

With all the tragic and devastating news about the Australian wild fires, I've had Koalas on my mind quite a lot recently, and decided my Valentine treat boxes needed to be Koalas this year.

For the base treat box, I used the Scalloped Flap Treat Box cutting  file from the Lori Whitlock Shop. The original cut file for this box is 2 x 3.5 x 3.5 inches, but since I knew I wanted to fill the boxes with homemade cookies, I enlarged the file to create a box that was 4.75 inches in height, 4.25 inches in width and 2.5 inches in depth.

I used Cricut Create A Critter 2 cartridge to cut the Koala's head, enlarging it so it would fit onto the flap of the box. I used a now retired Koala cutting file from Cuddly Cute Designs to cut koala's white fur and paws.

The thing I really liked about this particular treat box style was the simple, yet novel "easy open" tab closure on the flap.

I used the print and cut function on Make the Cut design program to create and cut heart shaped sentiments to add on to the back of the boxes.

I made only one Valentine's card this year, and of course it was for our granddaughter.

Since we got her a Hallmark's Lovestruck Minnie Mouse plush for Valentine's, I thought it would be fun to send along a matching Minnie Mouse Magic Color style card to go along with it.
I used a simple coloring book image of Minnie found online and printed it onto a sheet of acetate and a sheet of white cardstock for my card. I used Copics to color in the image of Minnie printed on the white cardstock and used a digital paper file from Bella Blvd's Sweet Baby Girl collection for the background. Happy Valentine's sentiment was cut from glitter cardstock using a Mama Elephant die, and hearts were cut using  mini Carl Craft Punches.



Pull up on the panel marked "PULL" and the image of Minnie appears to "magically" become colored in. Hoping our two year old granddaughter will have fun with this!

 Happy Valentine's Day! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Love the Koala boxes and Minnie Mouse card. As usual your craftmanship is enviable and outstanding. Your granddaughter is so-o-o-o lucky that you have a great imagination and skills to match.