Sunday, December 22, 2019

Tags, tags, tags!

 One of my favorite crafty things to create during the holidays is to make Christmas tags. I think it's because they're usually quick and easy to make and yet seem to add a personalized touch to our wrapped gifts. This year I made these fun polar bear tags to dress up the boxes of Chex snack mix we gave out to friends and family.

I used Elizabeth Craft's Polar Bear die together with Lawn Fawn's Stitched Tag and Reverse Scallop Circle Windows dies to cut all the pieces needed for this tag. Since I used a lot of white on white  I decided to run the reverse scallop circle thru Paper Studio's A2 Stripes embossing folder for some texture. Polar Bear was cut from Bazzill Bling cardstock, which has a slight shimmery texture so he wouldn't  completely disappear into the background. Hard to tell from the photos but I cut the tag base from red glitter cardstock to give the tags just a little bit of glitz.

The rest of our gifts got either a Santa or a reindeer tag.  Santa was paper pieced and die cut from Elizabeth Craft's Santa Claus die. Guess I went a little overboard with the bling on these tags! I used Bazzill Bling cardstock to die cut Santa's outfit and beard and placed him onto a red glitter background, which looks like it was just too much shimmer for my camera.

My reindeer tags were put together using a Naifumodo Craft stamped image, colored in with Copics and die cut with a coordinating die set. Just for fun I added Nuvo Crystal Drops to his eyes and nose.
I used the smaller sized Lawn Fawn tag and reverse scallop window dies for these tags and of course, blue glitter cardstock. Next up, the gift card holders...

No comments: