Sunday, December 15, 2019

'Paw'sitively the best!

Here's a quickie card I recently put together for our furbaby's sitter to thank them for all the wonderful care and love they give to our Latte whenever we are away on vacation. The stencil paw print border was cut onto the top panel using the Silhouette, then adhered to a red card base. An Elizabeth Craft Design die was used to cut the "Thank You".

On the inside... another pop up dog card! I got the original template cutting file  for this card from the Lori Whitlock store, and have had so much fun using it to make a pig, a  Halloween cat, a Shiba inu, and this time our Maltese furbaby.

For the Maltese head, I used the "Dog Collection 2" cutting file from Treasure Box Designs. I believe that file has been discontinued, but there are several other very cute doggie cutting files there. I used the paw print embossing folder from Sizzix' Build A Bear set and lightly inked it a brown VersaMagic ink pad  to add some color to the paw impressions on the inside panels of the card.
I continue to love the versatility of this fun pop up card, you could easily transform it into any four pawed creature... lions, bears, and tigers, oh my!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Aws-Paws I like this card a Latte! I love the way the dog pops open inside the card. My sister has a dog that sort of looks like yours so I am going to try to make a similar card with the doggie die set I have. I'll post it if it's successful. You are truly an inspiration to me. Please continue to post your lovely creations throughout the year. It's fun to see what you make for your family and friends. They are so lucky that you are super creative and talented. Merry Christmas and Happy 2020!