Monday, December 23, 2019

Holiday Belly Boxes

I had fun putting together lots of  belly boxes to "wrap" the gift cards we gave out for Christmas this year. The cutting files for the adorable penguin, snowman and chimney Santa boxes were all purchased from My Scrap Chick.


Santa Claus in the chimney box is part of a 5 piece set from My Scrap Chick which also includes matching cards and tags. I made the chimney box, using glitter cardstock for the snow and pearlized papers for Santa's beard and suit. Santa was glued inside the center of the box instead of flush to the back of the chimney so I could add candies to the back and a velveteen pouch with the giftcard inside to the front.

The snowman and penguin belly boxes are from My Scrap Chick's Christmas Belly Boxes Set, which also includes an adorable gingerbread belly box. I loved that these were super quick to cut and very easy to piece together. I inked all the edges with dye and distress inks for dimension and added rosy cheeks with pink chalk.

Put together a dozen of these cuties and filled them with gift cards and candy.

The base for the gift card holders are also from My Scrap Chick. I ran the front panel through Cuttlebug's Divine Swirls embossing folder, Merry Christmas was cut using Elizabeth Craft Designs die and holly cut from Cottage Cutz Peeking Santa Bear die.
These belly boxes turned out so cute that no one could complain about getting "just a gift card" for Christmas, right?

No comments: