Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sliding Box Graduation Card

Here's yet another Sliding Pop Up Box card, this time for my cousin's daughter's graduation. Once again, totally inspired by the amazingly talented Colette and her card here. This time around I left the box flaps off and the box bottom becomes more of a display stand.
Sweet Tara is such a Hello Kitty fan, that there was no question that her card had to have the Hello Kitty Graduate cut from the Cricut Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge on it. I dressed her in Tara's high school colors and added a little diploma for her to hold. Then to make it look like her little cap and tassel were flying off, I attached it to a strip of clear acetate, secured to the back. Kind of fun because the hat actually bobs up and down when the box is moved. Glued Hello Kitty to a tag cut from Spellbinders Fancy Tags 2 die with the greeting and attached the whole thing onto the slider inside.
To personalize, I added her school name and class onto nested labels cut with Spellbinders Labels 4 dies and adhered them onto the side panels on the base.  On the back panel, I added a little pocket and a mini envie to insert her gift.
And here's what the card looks like flattened...
I am having so much fun playing with this Sliding Box card, you can be certain I'll be making a few more of these...my new favorite card to make!

5 comments:

Creations by Patti said...

LOVE how you did this box with Hello K (in red outfit, too) popping up................so very cute!!!!! Love it love it Love it, did I say love it? Yup........uh-huh already!!!!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

HOLY COW, HOW CUTE IS THAT???? Guarantee Tara will totally LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT.

Anonymous said...

Another very cute version!
My DGDs love Hello Kitty so I'll have to make some birthday ones for them.
Keep 'em coming :0)
PJ

Lynn said...

Your Pop-up box cards are amazing and inspiring. Now I have a brand new idea to try. Thanks again for tickling my brain with your creativity.

Debi said...

This is so darn cute! OMG I LOVE IT!