Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sister Stamps Anniversary Release #15 - Fun with Otsu

Surprise! The last little furbaby of the new Sister Stamps release is not another doggie, but a kawaii kitty, Otsu. The little Otsu stamp comes with two others, a ball of yarn and a wrapped present stamps so you can really get creative! Oooh....I knew I was gonna have fun with this one!
As soon as I saw that ball of yarn stamp...
I knew it was finally time for me to try my very first penny spinner card!
My first several attempts to get my spinner to work were fails...I don't own the right punch and my exacto knife cutting skills are not very "exacto". I was ready to give up when it hit me...why not have the Silhouette cut the track? DUH! Yup, it worked like a charm!
The alphas and shadows for "Thanks" were also cut on the Silhouette (Aargau font). After embossing with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder, I adhered them to the front of the card with foam tape and placed Otsu behind the "T" so it would look like she was peeking out from behind it to watch the balls of yarn. Tiny daisies and leaves are from Punch Bunch mini punches.
On the inside, I placed little Otsu and her yarn ball onto the letter "O"...
and just couldn't resist mounting it onto the card with an Action Wobbler...fun!
Added a "punny" kitty sentiment for the final step and it was done.
 
Hope you had fun following us these past few days as the DT girls shared our projects featuring the four adorable furbaby stamps in the Sister Stamps Anniversary Release. If you're lovin' the new release puppies and kitty stamps as much as we all do, you should definitely visit Jenny at the official Sister Stamps blog to join in on the celebration and surprise giveaways... And for even more chances to win, check out Linda's You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Lfundoo Hurry! Today's the last day!
Click on the links below to see the awesome creativity of the talented DT featuring all four of the new stamps in this Sister Stamps Anniversary Release:
 
Jenny:     Sister Stamps Blog
Debi:      Crafty Buzz
Eva:        Crafting This And That
Laura:     By TKG

11 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hey Eunice! What a cutie! I once tried a penny spinner and it turned out to be a total fail too. Love the action going on when you open the card. It's been awhile since I last saw you. Hope all is well.

Jenny said...

OK I'm totally amazed with this project! Thank you again for all of your awesome creations. I just love how you added so much character to each animal by coloring them up so differently! Thanks again Eunice!

She's a Color Queen said...

LOVE your creations!! Your cards are fab!! Also I like your little Yorkie!!

Heidi Brawley said...

omg this is Gorgeous!!! love it all!!!

eva said...

i love how creative this it! so awesome!

CarlavdM said...

WOW...what a wonderfull card.
Like the way you have used Otsu this time.
And THANK YOU toooo for the great eye-candy on my screen these last few days

Tammy E. said...

Absolutely adorable!!!

Lynn said...

Of the last four SS project you've had on your blog, I think this is my favorite. I can't believe how neat your spinner card is. One I tried to make was so messy that I gave up. You are a paper genius. I love how you turned the cat into an action character. The colors, details, and papers chosen are purrrfect! Thanks for showing me how a real spinner card should look...someday I may try again.

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ho wow, so CUTE!!!!!!!! Love the penny spinner. Must try that one day. Sorry for the late reply, just got back from Hnl. last night. The paw punch I used for my tag is by EK. Got it an BFC. Thanks for your sweet comment too.

Creations by Patti said...

Great card - love the yarn rolling to the side on the "thank" and then the action on the "you". Very inspirational and creative.

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hello, hello Eunice,
I just read your comment on my 7/7 post. Thank you sooooo much! I really enjoy reading comments and truly appreciate it. You are definitely an inspiration to me. Happy, happy crafting. Time to go ne-ne now so my mojo can recharge. LOL. Nighty night.