Thursday, May 30, 2013

Sister Stamps Release #14: Year of the Boar

Thank you for joining me as we preview the release of the next in the series of Sister Stamps Chinese Zodiac Collection. My first project showcases the new Year of the Boar stamp...awww... isn't he adorable? I've colored him up in pink (so I guess he looks more like a baby boar) and used him to dress up this little easel tissue box card I put together.

The inspiration for this tissue box card comes from one created and shared by Kim Weber of Nana's Keepsakes. For instructions on how to put the basic box together, check out this  video tutorial by Dee Slater of Create! with Dee.  I did few changes to Dee's the original design; one was to move the position of the opening where the tissues are dispensed from the center to the edge of the box. (I used Spellbinders Label Four die to cut the opening instead of a punch).  And since I wanted my tissue holder to close up like a card, I extended the base about an inch longer on the bottom.

Next, I attached an easel type card to the top, adding paper roses from All Natural Accents as the stop, and a length of ribbon to keep the card closed. With summer allergy & cold season just around the corner, thought this might be a cute card to have on hand for an ailing friend.
Please be sure to stop in to visit the rest of the DT members today to check out their creative projects using the adorable stamps in this new Sister Stamps release!
 
Laura: By TKG   
 
Hope you'll get a chance to come back again tomorrow; I'll be sharing a project showcasing Sister Stamps new Year of the Rat stamp.     

5 comments:

Creations by Patti said...

Ai-yah.........Love this tissue holder - haven't made one of these yet so thanks for the links. This little piggy is so cute!!!! TFS, P

Ev C. said...

so cute, love your creation!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

WOWIE, this is BEAUTIFUL. What an awesome tissue holder.

Debi said...

Beautiful! I've seen a few tissue holders, but this is by far the best design. I love how you've showcased the pig!

Mimi said...

adorable tissue holder! piggy is so sweet! :D