Sunday, May 26, 2013

Mia's One!

This is the card I came up with for hubby's cousin's granddaughter's Hello Kitty themed first birthday celebration last month. Used my Cricut and Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge for kitty and balloons from the Celebrations cartridge. For the "sign" I had MTC create a cutfile using Comic Sans font and my Silhouette to cut. Background panel was embossed using a folder from the Sizzix Hello Friend set. Tiny flowers and leaves were punched using mini punches from Punch Bunch.
Wanted the inside to be fun and colorful, but simple so I chose to do a basic pop up card. Rainbow, clouds and stars are from Cricut Once Upon A Princess cartridge; Hello Kitty with balloons and little birdie are coloring book images rendered into cutfiles using MTC.
If you look closely here, you can see I used clear acetate plastic to pop up Hello Kitty to try to give the illusion that she was floating in the sky with her balloons.
Then to continue with the theme of the party, I picked up the cutest quilted Hello Kitty naptime blanket and matching pillow set from Moemoe and More from a recent tradeshow. Darned, wish I had remembered to take a photo of it! Happy Birthday, little Mia!
BTW, the next two stamps in the series of Sister Stamps Chinese Zodiac stamps is set for release at the beginning of next month. I'll be participating in the introduction of the new Year of the Boar and Year of the Rat stamps so please stop by again on Thursday and Friday to take a peek!

4 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

HOLY COW, what a sweet and super colorful b/d card for Mia. I bet it lit up a huge smile on her face. WOW!!!

Lynn said...

I'm glad you mentioned the way you made the Hello Kitty float....so neat! This card is perfect for celebrating a 1st birthday. Your color choices are happy and appealing. Thank you for adding to the 'great ideas' bank in my head LOL! I get free deposits from crafty bloggers like you! Mahalo!

Joy said...

Your card is so sweet! I love teh clean and colorful look!

Creations by Patti said...

Always love to see your HK cards - thsi one is really cute.......VERY cheerful and lots of fun colors! TFS