Sunday, April 28, 2013

Another Double Zig Zag Wedding Card

This was my second try at a Double Zig Zag card, for another wedding that was on the same day as the wedding I created my first Double Zig Zag card for. But this time I decided to create a cutfile using MTC and have my Silhouette Cameo cut it, thinking it would make all the angled cuts for the inset panels on this card easier. I guess it did a little, but the file still needs some tweaking...
On the front, I used a die from Spellbinders Fancy Tag 2 die set and attached it to a strip of cardstock and satin ribbon to create a bellyband to keep my card closed.
Here's what the card looks like on the inside when the belly band is removed.  I used Memory Box Honeysuckle Vine die to embellish the center and side panels. The monogram design on the center panel was created in Printshop using LD Elegance and Beautiful ES fonts, then converted into a cutfile using MTC.
Once the card is open, the center panel folds down to reveal a pop up wedding cake inside. Cuttlebug Juli's Garden embossing folder was used for the backdrop and Cuttlebug Vintage die set for the corner embellishment.

I used Cottage Cutz Celebration Cake die for the wedding cake and Memory Box Resting Birds die for the cake topper. Double hearts cutfile was done in MTC by simply welding two open hearts. For the sentiment I used Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 4 die.
The inspiration for this Double Zig Zag Card comes from Mariannes Papirverden. Here you'll find exquisitely beautiful cards created and shared by Marianne as well as a tutorial for this card.

2 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMG, this is out-of-this-world BEAUTIFUL. Your creations always have that extra special touch. Have a wonderful and crafty week.

Creations by Patti said...

Gorgeous wedding card......love the pearls on the top decorative edge and especially the pop down panel to reveal the wedding cake.....nice touch!!!!xxoo, P