Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Center Step Fan Card

Whew! I'm afraid I'm still trying to catch up on posting my projects from 2012...I think this is finally the last one, a birthday card made for my mom who celebrated her birthday in December. Had to try and keep it simple since I was already falling behind on my holiday projects at that time. It's hard since so many of my family have birthdays during the last three months of the year. I always tell myself I need to get started earlier, but heck, that never happens!
Since it was December, I was in the midst of frantically trying to finish 50 center step Christmas cards around this time. I didn't have the time or energy to think of something new and creative so I decided mom was getting a center step card for her birthday as well. LOL, just had to change it up enough so she wouldn't notice. I like that I'm able to change the size of the center step panel on this type of card to accommodate whatever embellishment I decide on using, in this case, a fan cut from Cricut Pagoda cartridge. I also added Sister Stamps' adorable little Mariko to the front thinking she'd be perfect for a birthday card. Used Stampin' Up Modern Label punch to create a label for my sentiment, "Celebrating You".
 
On the inside, I created a base using Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 9 dies and an embossing folder from Provocraft Asian Bundle for my favorite Sister Stamps' BFF stamp and adhered it between the two inside step panels. Thankfully this came together pretty quickly and mom seemed pretty happy with her card...I don't think she even noticed it was almost the same as the Christmas card I had sent her!
 

5 comments:

Ev C. said...

Such gorgeous work, love your stuff! Thanx for sharing

Jan Castle said...

Gorgeous card Eunice...I'm sure your Mom was thrilled!!!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Creations by Patti said...

Beautiful card - glad you had time to post it for us to enjoy, too. Great job.hugs,xxoo P

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Sooooo beautiful. Lucky mom.

Lynn said...

Your color palette of red, pink and gold is something I'll have to try. They look beautiful together and make your craft work even more gorgeous! I love your attention to details and flawless construction.