Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Have A Blast!

Making cards for the guys in my life is always such a challenge. Funny how cute stuff are okay for girls of any age, but for guys, cute stuff  just doesn't seem to work. Such it was with this card...I thought the rocket & astronaut were adorable on the B Is For Boys Cricut Lite cartridge and thought it would make a clever pop-up card.
I decided to use a V-fold pop-up on the inside so the rocket would pop-up when the card was opened and make it look like it was soaring into space...
Kinda cute, huh. Only thing was that this card was created for dd's fiance who was celebrating his 25th birthday! Lol, lucky for me, he has a good sense of humor and really does appreciate these homemade cards!

All cuts for this card are from Cricut cartridges...the saturn-like planet is from the Superman cart, stars are from George and funny little green martian from Everyday Paper Dolls. Also ran the martian's planet thru a Cuttlebug embossing folder to give it some fun texture. Had fun putting this together, but I guess it turned out a bit too boyish for a young man of 25!

7 comments:

Michele said...

Holy Moly Guacamole!:-) This card is "out of this world" Eunice!! (hehe)! You did an awesome job on this card and it's so great that your future son-in-law appreciates your hard work!

Jenny said...

I feel the exact same way about boy cards. I'm glad he appreciates all your hard work! That boy you used is really cute! You find the cutest images... makes me want them all!!!

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love pop ups!
This card is terrific,Eunice.
Thanks for sharing.

PJ(Jessie Adams)

SusanBluerobot said...

WOW WOW WOW this is Fantastic i love it

Teri said...

This is one cool card! I'm sure it was appreciated :) I just love all of your projects, can't wait to see more!!

Joy said...

awe...what a great boy card! Love that he's flying in a rocket ship and blasting off! great alien too! you never cease to amaze me! have a good week!

Kelly said...

This card is "out of this world" Eunice. No doubt that you are the queen of pop ups!