Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Always Our Princess

When it came time to make a birthday card for dd, I decided to do another waterfall card because I figured she'd get a big kick out of all the neat page flipping action. And after seeing the images of all the cute girls with "attitude"  on the Rock Princess cartridge, I knew they would be perfect for her card.
Pulling down on the tab on the bottom at the front of the card flips open the pages...


Using Design Studio to size the girls large enough, I cropped off the bodies so I could get just their head shots onto the pages. Then since I wanted it to look like they were all the same person (my dd), I used Design Studio to copy and paste the eyes of one of the girls (the "Andrea" image) onto the faces of all the other girls.
All patterned papers for the background are digital, from Lettering Delights, Designer Digitals (Mindy Terasawa), and Little Dreamer Designs (Nancy Kubo). I really like that with digital papers, I can print the papers together with the greetings, and just to the size needed, eliminating the neverending problem of having to stash more scraps.
After finishing my waterfall card, I glued it onto the front of another card, which opens up to reveal a pop-up card inside...

Here's what the pop-up card inside looks like from the top..
Really had fun doing this, it's sorta like making two interactive cards into one!

I used the Opposites Attract cartridge for the "YOU" on the inside of this card, George cartridge for the heart shape and a Sizzlet die from a set for the tag. Patterned cardstock on the inside is from the DCWV Glittered Sweet stack, and the cake was fussy cut from the same stack.

6 comments:

Cyndi said...

wow, this is so awesome! love the images and the creativity!

Brenda said...

great card! beautiful!

Kelly said...

OMG Eunice...The way you put this together as a flip card on the front and a pop up when you open it is SO creative! You totally amaze me! What a good likeness of your daughter too. I'm sure she will cherish this card!

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW! what an incredible card.

PJ(Jessie Adams)

Joy said...

Wow! love the girls! you did a fabulous job with this! amazing that this is the same card. love that it's a waterfall card and a pop up one as well! you are the cricut queen! Love it! have a fabulous week!

Teri said...

Always fabulous! This card is so fun, I'm sure dd will love it!!