Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sweet Treats from the Heart

Wow, Valentines Day came & went so quickly this year, I felt like I barely had enough time to finish what I wanted to do! Here are a couple heart boxes I sent off to dd and her fiance.

The boxes were created in Design Studio using the George cartridge, and once again, I used the re-sizeable scalloped heart cut created and shared by Okielady. Hello Kitty cuts are fron a sizzlits die, and the cute robot comes from the Robotz cartridge. The word "Love machine" is from the Don Juan font cartridge.



And look at this! Pulling down on the tab just below the die cut characters reveals a Valentine message and makes the characters pop up & stand! Neat, huh? My dear friend and fellow blogger, Patti of Creations by Patti recently posted a very cool New Years card using this mechanism and I just knew I would have to try one too. You can find the instructions & video tutorial for this "Sliding Pop Up Card" over at Kim Score's blog, Paper Punch Addiction. Kim's instructions are for a A2 size card with a sliding background which also pops up together with her character.
Since for my purposes I wanted just the pop up character on my boxes, I eliminated the background and miniaturized the sliding element so it would fit on the heart.


Here's a shot of the box opened with the goodies inside. Notice the box is not a heart shaped box at all, but instead, a triangular shaped box. Definitely alot simpler to put together!
Made a few more of these boxes for my friends who are young at heart. This time I used the squirrel cut from my favorite Create A Critter cartridge...
And for those who prefer purty over cutesy, I shared boxes of Louis Daar Tea Ceremony cookies. The box these came in were already so pretty, I simply added some gold ribbon and a heart shaped cut-out card to dress it up a bit.


These heart cut-out cards were inspired by the beautiful and intricate heart cuts on the 2010 limited edition Love Struck cartridge which I waited too long to decide I wanted. Unable to find that cartridge for sale anywhere, I decided to wing it on Design Studio. To create the cutfile for this, I used the heart shape with the silhouette function from the George cartridge and welded various flowers from George, Hello Kitty Greetings and Plantin Schoolbook inside.
After cutting with white cardstock, I stickled & prisma glittered the cutout and backed it with foam tape to a plain red heart. The banner (Wedding Solutions cart) was also adhered with foam tape for dimension. The whole thing was then glued onto a heart shaped card (hearts from George welded at the top) and it was done!
And finally, I want to share a super special Valentine treat I received from my friend, Heather...

Aren't these the absolute SWEET-est ever? I loved the look of the Hello Kitty treat bag, but when I peeked inside, I nearly fell off my seat when I saw these scrumptious goodies inside! Heather, you are awesome!
Hope everyone had a delightful day sharing the love on Valentines Day!

11 comments:

Kelly said...

Awesome, I tell you, absolutely awesome! You know you can't go wrong with Hello Kitty and the Robot Valentine is perfect for her fiance. The Create a Critter toppers for the candy boxes are so cute! That was so sweet of Heather to fill the Hello Kitty treat bags with yummy cupcakes but then you are so sweet!

Michele said...

OMG Eunice...these are SO AWESOME!! You have been busy! I love the little pop up feature on your boxes...so smart! Thanks for sharing the links! I have to give it a try!! Have a great day!

SusanBluerobot said...

These are FANTASTIC specially that bluerobot one

Brenda said...

these are such great ideas! i love them all, esp. that heart box. who would've thought that it would be both adorable and interactive! cute! cute! cute!

Cyndi said...

these are all so cute and creative! love the create a critter cartridge.

Cami said...

OMG Eunice, your Valentine boxes are beyond cute and crafty! I love how you scaled down the sliding pop-up card for the characters, which, BTW, are really cute. Lots of work involved here, but your passion for crafting really shows! Hugs, Cami

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Valentine's projects and yummies. Especially like the sliding pop-ups...going to Kim's site to check out her tutorial.
Thanks for sharing.
PJ(Jessie Adams)

Cheryl said...

Wow Eunice! Beautiful stuff!!! Love how you added that pop up on your box. I will have to check out that link.

Jenny said...

Love it love it love it! I would have never thought of using that mechanism for a box! Is it OK if I copy your idea????

BTW- I saw your post and for the Dandelion card, I used my distress ink and blender tool for the sky. I guess you could say it was sponged on since the blender tool is foam. Hope you had a nice v-day!

Teri said...

You never seem to AMAZE ME!! Love all of your Valentine creations!!

Enjoli said...

Hi Eunice! These boxes are so cute and creative! I love them all! I love Valentines day!! :) TFS!