Wednesday, February 9, 2011

In Search of Prince Charming

It's been quite a few months ago that I made this card for dh to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary, but with Valentine's Day just around the corner, I figured now was a good a time as any to post this. Decided to do a fun and whimsical card...I had seen this sentiment used on a card a while back and always wanted to try my own take on it.
Here's how it opens up...
I put the frogs on a pop up mechanism similar to the Sizzix Platform Spinning Die for the surprise element. This one was a cut file created in Design Studio and generously shared by Laurinda on her blog, Oh Scrappy Daze.

All the froggies on my card came from the Paisley cartridge, and I used Indie Arts for the "Smack!" and lips.Had so much fun with this...giggling to myself the whole time putting it together.Not sure if dh caught on to the humor, though. I had to explain to him that he was "the one with the crown...you know, Prince Charming". All he said was "Oh". Maybe he didn't want to be a frog?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS CARD!
I'm a pushover for pop ups.
And your frogs are too cute to resist.
PJ(Jessie Adams)

Cyndi said...

this is super cute and creative! i love it!

Joy said...

So CUTE! love what you did with all those frogs. the ones with the cho-cho lips are too cute! this is a perfect time for this card! hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Kelly said...

OMG Eunice what a SUPER cute card! I would have never expected the pop up from reading the outside. You always put so much into your cards...I love it!

Cheryl said...

Lol! Too cute Eunice! You create such clever cards. Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Cami said...

OMG Eunice, this card is just too cute! Love all the frogs. Makes a good luck card for people going to Las Vegas too!
Hugs, Cami

Teri said...

Adorable card! What a funny response from your dh, but not surprising for a guy response. 30 years? Wow! congrats to you two!!