Thursday, October 21, 2010

Love and Sakura

We recently received a lovely handmade wedding announcement from the daughter of a close family friend. She used pearlized papers and vellums for her card, and embellished with sakura cuts studded with rhinestones...so pretty! So for our wedding card for the couple, I decided to keep with her pink & silver color scheme and modern Asian tone.

Using Design Studio, I welded the kanji character for the word "love" from the Pagoda cartridge into a circle frame created using the George cartridge. This was cut from a pink mylar cardstock, then adhered to a circle window, backed with pink pearlized paper. I used this same pearlized paper to punch out tiny sakura blossoms but since I didn't have any tiny rhinestones on hand, I had to improvise using a 1/16th inch hole punch and DCWV glitter cardstock for the centers of the blossoms.

Base cardstock is Currency Silver and white background cardstock is Bazzill Bling, embossed with my favorite Plum Blossom Cuttlebug embossing folder. Added the bride and groom's names (Edwardian Script ITC font) and some ribbon for the final touch. Something new I learned here...by selecting a grey tone color on my inkjet printer and using a pearlized paper (I used Bazzill Diamond Bling) to print on, it almost looked like I had used a silver metallic ink! Very cool...I wonder if using a dark yellow tone would create the effect of gold metallic ink?

6 comments:

Cyndi said...

wow, awesome card!! i think i pretty much gave up on the cricut...i always have technical difficulties! :(

"Um Buggin" said...

Beautiful!! I know the couple will be thrilled to receive such a lovely creation.

Hugz, xx

~L~

Michele said...

This card is fabulous...so much detail!! It is so pretty Eunice! The bride and groom with love it!

Kyoko said...

Very pretty and elegant card! Everything you create just makes me SMILE!

Kelly said...

This is absolutley gorgeous! I love how you only embossed part of the card and put their names on the other part. The little flowers are the perfect touch and really add dimension. I love how you punched the little circle out of metallic paper for the center of the flowers. A great keepsake for their wedding album.

Creations by Patti said...

OK - I am really going to have to fly over to Hawaii to get some lessons from you to learn how to "weld" - my poor cricut always needs to be dusted off since it is not used too often. Love the card and how it is decorated!!!!

TFS,
my best,
Patti