Sunday, October 24, 2010

Rockin' Baby

Dh's co-worker who is also my good friend, recently welcomed a brand new baby boy into her family. For her baby's card, I wanted to use a rocking horse image, but just couldn't find one I really liked on any of the Cricut cartridges I own. Finally found one by searching the internet, then used MTC to render it into a cutable file.
Cut the horse out several times and layered and pieced it together using foam dots. Added just a bit of glimmer to the body of the horse with some Tsukineko Shimmer Sparkle Spritz, then adhered the completed rocking horse to a circle and scalloped circle created in Design Studio. I then adhered just the bottom half of the scalloped circle to my easel card base. Embellished a bit with tiny punched hearts on the bottom of the rocker and Robins Nest dewdrops on the corners of the card.
As always, I love to personalize, so I added baby's name to the inside. For this I used a Lettering Delights font, Charming Bold and once again used MTC to render it into a cut file. Stars are plastic buttons from Dress It Up which I "colored" with Copics, then painted with glitter glue.

And finally, the finished card, open and standing as an easel. Still having fun making these and still loving how they always come together without a hitch.

5 comments:

Janis said...

I love all the layers that you used with the Cricut. Your card is so elegant! Great job! Have a great week!

Kelly said...

WOW...what a gorgeous baby card. That rocking horse is precious and I love all the layers! You always put so much thought into your work, your friend will love this keepsake!

Joy said...

such a sweet baby boy card. these are really hard to make! seems like everyone is having a boy this year! well, except my friend who just had a girl...lol! love what you did and this easel came out fabulous! hope you have a wonderful week!

Brenda said...

aw... such a sweet card! love how you added dimension to it by adding the layers!

Anonymous said...

Cool! What a coincicence! I made a card with the same rocking horse for my co-worker's niece last month! You've definitely inspired me to buy a cricut. Cutting out that horse by hand took a long time!

Gracie W.