Monday, October 4, 2010

Dear Friends

Here's the box I created to hold some pizelles I made to share with a couple of my bff from high school when we recently got together for tea this summer. Created in Design Studio using the George cartridge, I like that it's large and can hold nearly a dozen cookies. Because of it's size, this needed to be cut using the larger 12 x 24" mat, and uses 2 sheets of 12 x 12 cardstock.

The deer, flowers and butterfly are all from my favorite Create A Critter cartridge. Circle and scallop circle for this had to be created in Design Studio since my Nestabilities weren't quite large enough. Circle was embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder, background paper is from Nancy Kubo's digital collection, and the words "Dear Friend" are from Paisley & Create A Critter carts.

I just can't get over how cute all of designer Nancy Kubo's critters in the Create A Critter cartridge are. Seriously, I can see myself using every single cut in this cartridge...hmmm...don't think I could say that of any other of the 40+ carts I own! Wanna see more cute stuff by Nancy Kubo? Visit Little Dreamer Designs to see lots of downloadable paper and graphics by Nancy. I have my fingers crossed that she'll be doing another cartridge for Provocraft in the future!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

I love this box! Now I wish I had the Cricut Expression (I only have the original machine). Love your paper choices too- my favorite is pastels, so I love the look it gave. Hope you make more things with this cartridge- I love your projects!

Anonymous said...

Sweet box for some sweet cookies.
Love this cart and hope to see more from Nancy.

PJ(Jessie Adams)

Cyndi said...

this is so cute! i really should use that cartridge more often! i love her designs! love every one of your cricut projects!

Kelly said...

On Eunice, this is adorable! What a fabulous idea to create a box then decorate it with the little dear on Create a Critter! I have only recently gotten Create a Critter and you have given me the inspitation to do something with it!

Cheryl said...

So cute Eunice! You always come up with great ideas using the Cricut. I don't have that cartridge yet but I may have to get it now.

Unknown said...

So so cute. I make pizzelles once a year, at Christmas time, but I don't have the cricut machine but the designs are so cute. What a perfect fit.

"Um Buggin" said...

Hi there Eunice! It seems like so long ago I visited your blog, as you have really been on a roll. This is such an adorable little box, just perfect to put little treats in. You are so very creative. BTW, how is your daughter? Is she still in school here close to me. Too sweet my friend, take care.

Hugz, xx

~L~

Joy said...

Hi Eunice! I think that this deer is my favorite too. I got a chance to cut one out with Teri's machine. so cute your creation! as always so perfect and unique. love what you did. hope you have a great weekend!