Sunday, October 10, 2010

Cricut Club Recipe Book

For the our first "big group project", the Cricut Club decided to do a recipe page swap. Recipe pages were to be 8x8 with at least one element on the page cut using the Cricut. I chose to do mine on one of my favorite desserts, Strawberry Jello Dessert.
At each meeting prior to the September deadline we set for ourselves, four or five of us shared a sneak peak of our work in progress recipe page together our dish prepared for everyone to sample.
For my page, I used the cutesy mouse from my favorite Create A Critter cart together with the strawberry from the Paisley cart. Welded letters from Don Juan in Design Studio for the title and used Make The Cut to do a cut from a sketch I had drawn for the dessert piece.

Seemed simple enough, but making 21 pages for the swap was a bit of a challenge!
Here's a photo of my dessert made up and ready to take to the meeting to share...

And here's a glimpse of some of the awesome pages that were created by the other participants, waiting to be put into albums.

This was certainly a lot of work, but I think everyone who participated will agree that in the end, it was well worth it. I love my album of recipes, and even better, I've already had the chance to taste every delicious one!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

What a cute idea! Your page came out so nice! I'm gonna try to squint and figure out the recipe since that dessert looks really ono!! I bet that would make an awesome xmas gift too.

Kyoko said...

OMG you guys are all sooo creative! What a FAB idea. Your page and dessert looks DELISH!!!

Joy said...

love all those pages...they look good enough to eat! hope you had a good weekend and have a wonderful week!

Kelly said...

What a fabulous idea that would make a great Chrismas gift. I love the little mouse with the strawberry on your recipe card. Not only are you an incredible crafter but you can cook too! Your dessert looks so YUMMY!

Janis said...

Love what you did with the cricut! The strawberries look so good! I'm going to have to use my cricut too! Thank you for being so inspirational! Have a great week!

Little C's Creations said...

oh so yummy! such adorable pages!!