Saturday, August 22, 2009

Hidden Message Slider Card



Here's the card I sent to Joy of "A Place To Be Me" for August's One Card Swap. I wanted to try something new, but was stumped until I came across Michele's Hidden Message Slider Card posted on her blog, "My Simple Crafts". Michele had created the cutest sliding graduation card but I just could not figure it out. Being that I enjoy cards that move and slide and pop the most, I really loved this card. Did a search on the Splitcoast Message board and lo, and behold, found the instructions shared by Beate. (click on the link to the message board then scroll down to Beate's response for her link to the instructions)


For my card for Joy, I used a cut created using SCAL a digital bear image from Darcie Hunter and cut with Cricut, then chalked. The butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch, stickled and popped with some foam tape, and the rhinestone blings are from Photocraft. Sentiments are computer generated, font is DJ Doodlers, and rubber stamped flowers are from Dandelion Designs. Of course, I had to use Joy's favorite purple and my favorite pink! Pulling down on the tab at the bottom of the card makes the bear slide down to reveal the "hidden message" at the top of the card. Neat, huh. Looks complicated, but it's actually very easy! Hope Joy enjoyed her card as much as I had fun making it!

And if you think you might be interested in participating in the One Card Swap, pop on over to Teri's blog, "Big Ideas from a Little Girl" to sign up now for the month of September. It's really a fun swap and all it takes is one card you've made to participate and you too will have the opportunity to meet some of the nicest people ever.

7 comments:

Joy said...

This card is soooooo super duper cute!!! I love it!!!

Joy
www.tamikos.net

Kelly said...

This is so stinkin cute! I Really like this version of the slider card better than most I have seen. You did a great job!

Jodi said...

This is just an adorable card!! Love the colors you used for it!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Joy said...

thank you so much for my card! I totally love it! I love everything...from the image, to the butterfly to the slider! so awesome! thanks for being my partner this time around! I am so blessed to have one of your creations! have a wonderful week!

Maureen said...

This is too adorable! LOVE the Darcie's bear as a die cut!!

joni h said...

this is crazy good!! I feel a CASE coming on!!

Kelly said...

Hey Eunice, I've already left a comment but it's been a while since you posted snything, I hope everything is OK.