Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Everything's Coming Up Roses!


We celebrated my mil's birthday this past weekend, and here's the card I created for her. Decided to do a second try with the flower pot card I had done a few months ago for a card swap. My first card, imo, came out a bit too large so I re-did the cutfile this time around to create a smaller sized card, which I'm much happier with.



For this second card, I also changed the flowers "planted" in the flower pot to the roses from the Walk In My Garden cartridge. Chalked them up and layered them with foam tape for some added dimmension. The base card for the flowers and the insert was created in Design Studio by welding several shadow images of the roses together with a rectangle shape from the George cartridge.


For the flower pot (also from Walk in My Garden cartridge), the bottoms of two flower pot images were welded together in Design Studio to create a pocket for the card insert. The front of this was then chalked and embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder. Added a grosgrain ribbon to the pot and it was done! I really like how this actually came together fairly quickly. Next time around, I think I'll want to experiment with some different types of flowers... poinsettias for Christmas might be cute, huh.

5 comments:

Cyndi said...

very creative card! I just bought the cricut so hopefully i can figure out how to use it!

Joy said...

this is so pretty! I'm sure your MIL will love it! you did a great job to figure out the sizing! love all your cards! hope you have a wonderful week!

Jodi said...

Very creative and oh so pretty!! I know your MIL will just love this card you made.
Hugs
Jodi =)

Kelly said...

This is SO pretty. I'm sure your Mother-In-Law will treasure it!

Little C's Creations said...

Hi Eunice, this is soooo pretty!!! Love it... I bet your MIL was thrilled to receive this. Lucky her!!!

Big Hugs,
Jen