Sunday, August 9, 2009

His Music Will Live On...


Okay, so this is not a card, but it was something I felt I needed to do for myself, to help me get through the shock and grief. I grew up together with the music of Michael Jackson. Rockin Robin, Dancing Machine, Thriller, Billie Jean... I loved it all. So when I learned of his untimely death in June, suddenly a part of me seemed to crumble away, leaving a feeling of sad emptiness. Adding a few of my favorite Michael Jackson music to my blog playlist helped some, but still the emptiness remained. I felt I needed to create something to help fill the void. I found this silhouette image of Michael and decided to try to replicate it with SCAL and Cricut. I was pleased with the result, and have decided to save it for when I finally get around to scrapbooking Michael's 1997 Aloha Stadium concert in Hawaii.

10 comments:

Creations by Patti said...

Hi Eunice, I think this is a beautoful image that you have created to commemerate Mr. Jackson. I wish they would just leave him alone and allo him to rest in peace. Fame is such a high price to pay.....thanks for sharing this creation.

Janis said...

What a totally cool image for your scrapbook! I know exactly what you mean about his music. I have been listening to his music on my iHome at work constantly. I'm sure that your concert scrapbook turned out beautifully!

Joy said...

I love it! I too was very sad when I heard the news! I was traveling to Vegas and the coverage was so overwhelming! I love how you did this in tribute to him! great job! thanks for this display of beauty!

Jodi said...

Wow, this is so cool!! I think you did a wonderful job with this and I too felt so sad and empty with him gone. I really miss him and all the music he would've made.
So glad that you did this for him!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Kelly said...

Wow...that is a great image and will be quite a tribute to the man and his music!

"Um Buggin" said...

WOW!! Eunice, that is beautiful!! I love the image you created of him, that really looks so-real. I too got totally sick when I heard the news, and was in shock for over a week. Awesome tribute to him. TFs

Hugz, xx

~L~

joni h said...

oh, yeah! MJ lives on!! That is a really cool image!

Kyoko said...

Hi Eunice! I join in on your grief ... MJ is a part of history as far as I'm concerned. Hey, I was at that concert too ... I WILL NEVER FORGET IT!

Wow, look at that tribute you made ... FABULOUS!

Teri said...

Wow! You are the master Eunice! I love what you did here, great silhouette of the King of Pop. I know what you mean about feeling that wierd emptiness, so strange that he is gone. We all grew up with his music, remember those days! Can't wait to see your tribute album!

Kelly said...

I've already left you a comment on this posting, now I'd like you to stop by my blog to pick up an award that I'm passing along to you for your great creative talents!