Thursday, April 30, 2009

Special Friends

A quick post to share some really cute creations I've recently received from very talented special friends.

This darling little Easter basket was created by my friend and dh's co-worker, Heather. Heather altered the four-square basket pattern to make it a little narrower and decorated it with the bunny from the Doodlecharms cart. On the back of the basket she added a little pompom bunny tail...so cute! And inside the basket were these absolutely cutest and yummiest Easter cookies that she baked and decorated!

Heather is an amazingly multi-talented lady...in the kitchen, she is a master baker, (dh always brings home the most delicious, mouthwatering goodies she's made for me to taste) and on the crafting table, she's gotten to be quite a wiz with her Cricut and DS! Back in March, she attended my first DS class at Photocraft, and since then she's been hooked. Here are photos of some of the awesome things she created with DS for a recent baby shower she hosted. The theme of the shower was castles and dragons...

The castle diaper cake...just love how she made those towers!


Back view of the castle...


The tri-fold invitation to the shower...


The amazing decorated cookies...


The gift bags...


Pretty amazing, huh. I was so stoked when I saw all that she had done!

This next photo is of a thank you card I received earlier this year from Teri of "Big Ideas from a Little Girl". Loved how she used non-traditional colors for this winter themed card. And just like the name of her blog suggests, Teri is always brimming with the best and most creative new paper crafting ideas.


I recently received this sweet card together with Gorjuss Girls stamped images from a new blogging friend, Jodi of Inked Inspirations. Her copic blending techniques and eye for coordinating colors is awesome! I credit this talented lady for much of my renewed interest (and buying!) in rubber stamping. Visit Jodi's blog, and you'll see what I mean. She is on the design team for so many companies, and rightfully so, because she has some of the cutest rubber stamped cards.



Now take a look at all these goodies given to me by another new friend, Kris who I met at my Cricut DS class. We recently got together for breakfast and she showed up with all these wonderful surprises that she had created.


Yup, that's Pochacco! Isn't he the cutest? Kris used SCAL (Sure Cuts Alot) and Inkscape to create him and her Cricut machine to cut him out. She even made the octagonal shaped gift bag...and she used rattail cording to macrame the handles. Totally amazing, huh. Inside the bag were more goodies she made...a test tube and holder filled with candies and a cover for my cricut she had sewn. And even a bag of my favorite macadamia nut puffed rice candies...SWEET! And if that weren't enough, Kris also shared several handmade cards and patterns, enough to keep me busy for a long, long time.

I am truly fortunate to be blessed with so many wonderful and generous friends. Thank you so much!!!!

3 comments:

Kyoko said...

Hi Eunice! WOW, such awesome gifts from your friends! Isn't it nice to have such special people in your life! Have a great weekend!

Joy said...

WOW! you truly have wonderful and talented friends! love that castle diaper cake! that Pochacco is my favorite...can't wait till Sanrio brings him back!!! he's the soccer dog you know...lol! love everything...and yes, Teri is the queen of making new and wonderful creations! TFS!

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness!!! These projects are unbelieveable! I'm impressed with the castle and Pochaco bag. Thank you for sharing these with us!