Sunday, April 19, 2009

Welcome Baby Girl

Often times I'll start off with an idea for a card but for some reason or another it just doesn't turn out as I had imagined. Such was the case with this card. Don't know why, but I really struggled with this one. For starters, I spelled baby's name wrong. With so many ways to spell "Allison" I knew I would. So I checked the spelling with two different people to get the correct spelling before I got started and I still couldn't get it right. (Sorry, Nat!) Yup, I am totally losing it.

Anyways, after much doing and re-doing I finally finished it, and even now I'm not satisfied with how it turned out.

The front of this double window tri-fold card was done welding letters from the Hello Kitty font with Design Studio. The branch with leaves is from Zooballoo, welded to the window (square from George).
After cutting, I ran the front of the card through the Cuttlebug Swiss dots embossing folder. Had to run it through twice because the card was too large. I then used a stylus to "re-emboss" by hand the individual dots that got flattened from running it through twice.

The second flap of the card was covered with printed paper, then I added a simple square frame created with George and two strips of border punched using a Martha Stewart scalloped lace punch.

On the inside, I added the peeking baby bunny in a stroller and birdies in a nest; all cuts are from Zooballoo. Added two more lace borders, then finished it off with a ribbon tie to keep the card closed.

5 comments:

Joy said...

what a awesome card! love how you always make a window! you should teach us how to do that! this card is so cute for the baby! I need to make a baby card too...haven't even started! TFS! happy hump day!

Teri said...

I love your cards Eunice. This card is adorable, love everything about it, sooo sweet! xoxo

Jodi said...

Wow, this is fabulous!! your creations always come out so pretty!
Hope you have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

"Um Buggin" said...

Oh Eunice, what an adorably sweet baby card. I know the parent will be thrilled to receive such a treasured keepsake. TFS

Hugz, xx

~L~

Denise said...

Very sweet card, love that window.