Sunday, April 5, 2009

Miss Anya Goes Shopping

Thought this stamp of Miss Anya shopping would be appropriate to use to make thank you cards for a couple of very sweet and generous friends. This first card went to my new friend, Kris, who I met at my very first Design Studio class last month. She recently sent me a wonderful surprise rak of lots papercrafting goodies in the mail and I wanted to send a special card to thank her for her generosity.

I wanted to frame Miss Anya in one of those fancy top notch frames I've seen being used on so often recently...SU has one by Sizzix and Spellbinders has a Nestabilities set. But since I don't own either, I decided to try and make my own on Design Studio. Found the fancy brackets on the Home Accents cartridge, stretched and welded them with Design

Studio to fit Miss Anya. It's nice having the capability to create the frame to fit the image instead of vice versa.

Stamped and heat embossed Miss Anya and colored with Copics and Prismacolor pens. Patterned papers are from my scrap stash, "thank you" stamp is an oldie from Stampendous, and added dewdrops from Robin's Nest that I purchased from Little C's.

This second card went out to my blogging friend, Teri, of Big Ideas from a Little Girl. A thank you to Teri for the neat set of photopolymer birthday stamps I won on her blog. I used the same image, but went for a pink and brown color scheme this time. Patterned paper are from a DCWV glittered cardstock stack, flower embellishments are from Prima and rhinestones are Doodlebug. The rhinestone flower in both girls' hair bows are from Photocraft.
Miss Anya stamp is from a set I purchased at the Greeting Farm. Here you will find the absolutely cutest new characters in rubber and digital format created by talented artist Marie!

5 comments:

Joy said...

lovely cards! I love those miss anyas! they will love their cards! I know Teri will as she loves to shop...and the pink and brown combo! you are truly talented to figure out your own stuff, like the top notes frame. great job!

Enjoli said...

Super cute cards! I can't wait to get that set. Love your coloring. Hope you have a great weekend. TFS! =)

Enjoli

Denise said...

Very pretty cards. Love the layout, and the coloring of the image. Sassy witht the eye shadow! Too cute!

Kyoko said...

GORGEOUS cards! I just love your color combos ... you did such a great job. TFS!

Little C's Creations said...

Hye Eunice, love both cards and colors you've used on them. Such pretty pretty cards!!! I esp love the one you sent me....

The bracket cut is also on Accent Essentials, do you have that cartridge? But try look.....

Hugs,
Jen