Friday, March 27, 2009

Lovin' Miss Anya!

Been seeing a lot of cards posted on blogs I enjoy visiting created with Anya stamps from the Greeting Farm. Always thought they were all so cute...but I admit it wasn't until I saw the new set of "Miss Anya" stamps which were released in February that I knew I was really hooked. Just HAD to have them! In my own mind they so reminded me of my own dd... so fashion forward, always shopping and lookin' so deviously cute! lol. So of course, my very first Miss Anya card had to be for her.

Had fun coloring the image in with Copics and Prismacolor pens, using what I call a "palette technique" which I learned from a video tutorial shared by Jenn Muraoka on her blog. I consider her an expert at this, and I think you will agree once you have seen the all the beautiful cards she has created. Jen has an incredible eye for color, and her talent for blending colors is just amazing. She also always posts the pen colors she used to make her card, which makes it easy to learn how to re-create some of the different shades and hues she uses.

Oh, I do have one little "secret" to share about this card...as I was coloring Miss Anya, I realized that I did not own any black Copics or Prismacolors. I really wanted to try shades of black and gray for her long locks, so I ended up using a black Sharpie marker! I used the blender pen and different shades of grey Prismacolors to pull and blend the black. Didn't turn out too bad, huh.

Finished my card with pink Bo Bunny double dot cardstock, Bazzill Bling, printed glittered cardstock from a DCWV stack, and some flower rhinestone blings from Photocraft. Used a Martha Stewart lace edge punch for the lace border, and Nestabilities for the scallop circle. Flower petals are from Heidi Swapp, and the round stamped sentiment is from an Autumn Leaves clear stamp set.

7 comments:

Enjoli said...

So cute Eunice! I love how it came out. =) Great job on the coloring too! Have a great weekend!

Linda said...

Hi Eunice ~ so cute your card! You did a super job on the coloring! I'm sure your dd will just love it! Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!

Denise said...

Eunice, great job on this card, it is very pretty.

Joy said...

you did a wonderful job on that miss anya card! they are too adorable yah! I don't have them but Teri was nice enough to stamp some for me. you did a great job on the layout too!

Kyoko said...

WOW, your Anya card is sooo cute! I just got my stamps & love them! Thanks for sharing!

Little C's Creations said...

this is adorable!! yes, I heard that you could use sharpie pens and they work the same way as Copics... I never tried. Love how this turned out. I love Jenn's work too - isn't she awesome?!

hugs,
Jen

Teri said...

Eunice, your card turned out beautiful!! I loved what you did with the coloring of the hair, so clever!!