Friday, March 13, 2009

Inspired By Hallmark

Here's another card created after seeing a similar one while browsing the Hallmark card aisles. It's a trifold card with die cuts attached to windows that peek through to the inside of the card. This is the same style of card I used to make dd's Girls Day card in my last post. The original Hallmark card I saw was a birthday card and I thought the idea was so clever I had to try one too. "I can do that with Design Studio"! Thanks to a tip from Diane at Capadia Designs, I used one of the window cards from the Beyond Birthdays cartridge to do the window cuts with the butterfly and bee welded inside. This saved a lot of time and made it a whole lot easier than creating the windows myself in George! BTW, if you own Design Studio and ever have any problems or questions, Diane's blog is one you should visit. I consider her as one of the Design Studio experts, and consult her blog often for solutions to problems I encounter.

The butterfly and bee cuts are from Pooh and Friends, and the daisy is from Walk In My Garden. Front of the card was embossed with Cuttlebugs Flowers and Vines folder and I used my new Martha Stewart Arch Lattice Edge Punch for the borders on the inside. Sentiments are from a Hero Arts rubber stamp set.


The design of this window card is pretty simple... two windows overlapping each other, and each with a die welded to different positions on the windows, and a third die on the inside of the card.


All three dies show through on the front of the card and only one die is seen on the inside. After making this card, I later realized that the actual card by Hallmark had an accordian fold, which gave it a little different effect when opened. Think I'll try that next time.

This was the card I sent off to my new blogging friend, Tracy for Teri's "One Card Swap". Hope she liked it!

6 comments:

Teri said...

what a brilliant creation! I love the way the card opens up!

Tracy.H said...

I loved it! and will be posting on my blog tomorrow! :0)

Joy said...

love these trifold cards! they turn out amazing and you did a wonderful job on it! I want to try! have a great weekend!

Joy said...

thank you so much EUNICE! you are an angel and I truly appreciate your concern for me and my family's safety! I didn't realize you could enlarge the picture! I just deleted the whole picture. it's so wonderful to have a blogging sister like you! here's my email address: thunda@hawaii.rr.com...please send me you addy so I can properly thank you!

Jodi said...

Very cute and sweet card! Gotta love hallmark!

Denise said...

Eunice, you are always so creative. Love this card, the tri-fold is neat.