Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Revisit To Rubber Stamping


This is a recipe folder I made to send to a favorite aunt when she asked for a few of my dessert recipes after a recent family get together. A very simple gatefold style card with a pocket inside to hold the recipe cards and some room for a short note.

This stamped image is one of my favorites from Penny Black; a stamp I had purchased from J's Knicknacks several months ago and had been itching to use for the longest time! I always feel so guilty buying new stamps...I already have a ridiculously immense collection (circa 1990), and honestly, I need more stamps like I need a hole in my head.
Nowadays, there are so many new companies with so many fresh and cute stamps, it's so hard to resist! Well, happy to say, no regrets about buying this one. I think these mousies are so cute, and I really had fun coloring them in with my old Aquarell pencils and Dove blender. It made me remember why I enjoyed stamping so much in the past!






Used Nestabilities dies to cut the circle and scalloped circle and added some matching ribbon for a simple finishing touch. Used my original stamped and colored image to create matching recipe cards.

9 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Love this one! :0)

Jean said...

So cute, Eunice!! I love your coloring!!

Unknown said...

So original - your aunty will be thrilled. BTW - I tried reading the haupia recipe but couldn't - can you share it with us? Thanks

Linda said...

Very cute! What a great way to share your recipes with someone! Thanks for sharing with all of us!

Denise said...

Eunice, this is so sweet! That image is so adorable, and I love the soft colors you used.

Joy said...

awesome card! I love penny black and you did such a great job coloring that stamp! I love how this card opens up with a pocket inside. this is sweet!

Jamee said...

that is so cute!!!

Little C's Creations said...

wow Eunice... you are stamping again!!! Yay... love it.... love your coloring skills girl - see, and you've been hiding behind that cricut all this time?!

hugs,
Jen

Teri said...

Another wonderful creation! I love this, gonna have to try one and maybe fill it with recipes too!!