Friday, January 16, 2009

A Piece of Cake!

Several months ago, one my of favorite Cricut inspiration sites, Bitten By The Bug had a challenge using the cake box from the Tags Bags Boxes and More cartridge. The designers did an awesome job with it and I promised myself I'd try one too. Found the perfect opportunity recently when it came time to wrap up my mom's birthday gift. I had waited till the last minute (as usual) and found myself in a predicament without a card or even a box to wrap her ring in. Remembering the beautiful creations from the cake box challenge, I decided I could probably get away with just adding a tag to the box if I made it purty enough, since I really didn't have time to make a card.

Using Design Studio, I sized and cut the cake box to as large as I could get it, to fit on a 12 x12 sheet of Bo Bunny dotted cardstock. After that, all I had to do was embellish. The butterfly is a Quickutz Revolution die, and I used decorative scissors to cut the scallop border. Added satin ribbons, pearls and glitter to finish it off. Got it done just in time, and thought it turned out not bad, considering that it was such a rush job. Definitely want to try to do more of these when I have more time to play.

10 comments:

Eleanor said...

Wow! This looks great!

nicky w. said...

That's so lovely!!!

Susan said...

that is absolutely adorable! makes me want to run out an grab that cartridge!

oh - but wait - that'd mean I'd have to learn how to use my baby bug!!

keep up the impressive work!

Denise said...

Wow, this is Beautiful!!

Joy said...

so yummy that piece of cake! love that butterfly too!

JackieLou said...

OH Eunice how super duper cute is this cake box...

Teri said...

Eunice, another fabulous creation!! I love everything that you make!! Thanks for inspiring me!

Sonia said...

Love it.. look amazing. I love the butterfly.

Sonia (Sony) :)

Anonymous said...

Hello! It's the first time I'm seeing your site and i love the cake box! Its so beautiful! And with all those little pearls? WOW. I really do like it. I'm in awe. Thank you for sharing!

Carole Beath said...

Wow, this cake is fantastic and that butterfly is to die for..