Thursday, January 29, 2009

...And the Cow Jumped Over the Moon


Made this window card to send to dh's cousin who recently added a new member to their family. Baby Kanoa's card was created with lot of "old stuff" that I had stashed away and never had a chance to use. Always feels good when that happens, somehow it makes me feel like I've justified my incessant need to buy stuff all the time . The cow and moon cuts are from old Sizzix sizzlit dies that I dusted off and finally got to use for the first time, and the star patterned paper is really old Frances Meyer paper that I had bought eight years ago when I was putting together scrapbook pages of dd's 16th birthday party. Lol, I really need to learn to resist buying so much paper! Circle window and scalloped circle borders were cut with Nestabilities. The scalloped borders were then embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder and adhered with foam mounting tape to both sides of the window. Baby's name is computer generated (DJ Inkers font) and cut with heart and scalloped heart punches. I then attached a little jump ring to the tag before threading it through and tying the ribbon so it could dangle freely off the card.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet card. Love everything about it. You are soooo talented!
And a great inspiration.

PJ (Jessie Adams)

Joy said...

this is so cute! I may have to borrow your idea...I have two friends giving birth in April! they are both having girls! love this card! have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

This is so precious - like that you even decorated the back side of the scallop circle.

"Um Buggin" said...

OMG!!! Eunice, this is just adorable girlfriend! I have missed you posting your masterpiece creations. Glad to see you are having a fun time crafting again. I know your card will be a treasured keepsake. TFS

Hugz, xx

~L~

Denise said...

Such a precious card!

Teri said...

What a sweet card! I love that cow and the moon sizzlet...do I have those?? haha! I hear you when you said you were able to use stuff that you bought and stashed away!

Jen said...

aaw! this is so darling! terrific creation Eunice.

Jamee said...

so cute!!!

Jodi said...

What a very very sweet card!! I love how cute it is!! =)
Hugs,Jodi

Carole Beath said...

This is a precious card. I absolutely love the Sizzlits Cow and I use it frequently on cards. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog to leave a nice comment.