Saturday, January 10, 2009

GodSpeed, Jon David


Just before the holidays last year, we learned that one of dh's cousins had received word that he would be deployed to the mideast for the next six months. The news was unexpected, and I'm sure he and his family must have been disappointed that he would be so far away from home during the holidays. But this young man kept such a spirited and positive attitude that I couldn't help but feel proud and fortunate that we have such good men and women to help protect the American Dream. I created this simple card to let him know how much we admired his bravery and wishing him godspeed and a safe return home.

I used the scor-pal to score a simple rectangular border on Bazzill diamond bling cardstock for the base of this card. I used metallic blue, red and currency gold cardstock to cut the die of the Great Seal, which is part of a Quickutz cookie cutter set called "USA Collection". Added the yellow ribbon for the familiar "come home safe" symbol. The font for the sentiment is computer generated, Amazone BT.

4 comments:

Joy said...

thanks for the idea...our girls soccer team is making a box for the troops in Iraq and so we all have to make a hand made card and send a little local gift...I couldn't think of a card to make...this card is perfect!

Jen said...

What a beautiful card! Very nicely done Eunice. I'm sure he appreciated it. I will have to remember this idea when I need to make a similar card. THanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card.
Perfect colors.

Looks like something from the White House itself.

PJ

Carole Beath said...

This card is an absolutely wonderful, inspirational card. I can't take my eyes off it....