Sunday, May 19, 2013

Shiba Inu Birthday Card

When trying to decide what kind of card to make for my niece's birthday, I came across and fell in love with Joanna's super cute Scotty Dog shaped card from Lettering Delights. I thought it was adorable how the Scotty Dog looked with the little envelope in his mouth thought it would make an almost perfect birthday card for my niece (who is away at college and misses her Shiba Inu dearly).  Searching the web I found an image of a standing Shiba I liked, imported it into MTC and proceeded to edit/redraw at the node level into a sitting position. It took awhile, but I finally got it to what you see here. Slowly but surely, I'm learning more and more about all the awesome capabilities of the Make The Cut program!
 
Sadly for some reason, my Shiba Inu just didn't look right with the envelope in her mouth...so I ended up doing a switch to an easel card instead, and the envelope ended up on one of the gifts instead of in Shiba's mouth...sigh....
 
Well, even though my card didn't turn out as cute as Joanna's Scotty Dog, a couple good things did come from creating this card. One, I got more practice and learned a lot about editing images in the MTC program; and Two, hubby actually recognized my doggie as a Shiba Inu...lol, this is BIG...because he often confuses my paper pieced bears with dogs, penguins with ducks, etc. etc...


2 comments:

Lynn said...

I didn't know what a Shiba Inu looked like, but I do know that your card is good-looking. I like all breeds of dogs so of course your doggie card made me smile. Sending smiles your way too.

Creations by Patti said...

Love how your easel card turned out - The presents in the background NICE!!!. Color combo is pretty fun! This must be a really cute dog. Thanks for sharing!!!!