Sunday, August 29, 2010

Just Peeking In...

This is the card I created for my blogging friend Joy, to send along with a few peeking puppy die cuts she requested. It was the perfect chance to try out a neat pleated pop up I had seen over at one of my favorite blogs, Extreme Cards And Paper Crafts.

For the front of the card, I used several different flower cuts from the Walk In My Garden Cartridge and a Quickutz doggie die...see his tail poking out from behind the flowers?
Here's what the card looks like when you open it. It's a little difficult to see from this angle, but the peeking pup and flower stems are glued into different valley folds of the pleats at the center of the card to create different layers of dimension.
Here's a back view with the pleats more readily visible...


Pretty much an easy card to do. You can find a link to a video tutorial for this type of card, plus a detailed photo tutorial (with some very helpful hints and improvements to the construction of this card) over at Extreme Cards and Papercrafting. (Thanks, Carol...you're amazing!) BTW, if you haven't been to visit her blog yet, you are missing out! This lady creates and shares the most incredible paper crafts... if only I didn't have to eat or sleep...I would try them all!

13 comments:

Linda said...

Dang Eunice! This is an amazing card! And that puppy is such a darling!!! Enjoy your Sunday!

Michele said...

OMG...like Linda said, this is an amazing card!! That puppy is adorable!!

Jenny said...

This is AWESOME! I have to go figure out how to do this now. I love how you added the doggie to the flowers. So cute! TFS!

Jenny

Carol P said...

So cute!

Carol

Janis said...

Such a cute pop up card. That's an adorable puppy dog!!!

Kelly said...

OMG Eunice...you put so much detail into this card! It's incredible, you can see the love you put into it. I'm sure Joy will treasure it! I've always loved that puppy but teamed with the flowers in the pop up card it is WAY over the top!

Joy said...

I am so blessed to have received this card from you! I really love my card and it's so special and the effort & love you put into it unbelievable! thank you Eunice for this wonderful treat! you took better pictures of it when I posted mine! I don't know how you do it but it's fabulous! have a great week!

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh so fun, I made one of her cards too...loved watching everything wiggle!

Unknown said...

This card is sooo ADORABLE!!! I have been looking ALL over for this doggie die and I can't find it under quickutz or cottagekutz.....PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Unknown said...

This card is sooo ADORABLE!!! I have been looking ALL over for this doggie die and I can't find it under quickutz or cottagekutz.....PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Cheryl A. said...

Your pop-up card is so adorable and amazing and has inspired me to try and make one. The tutorial is really helpful and easy to follow. Thank you for sharing!

Pam said...

This is about the cutest card I've ever seen! Thank you for sharing.

BarbF said...

This has to be one of the sweetest cards I've ever seen! How you imagined it and then created it is beyond me! Thank you for sharing! Barb