Sunday, September 5, 2010

Origami Kimono


When I first got a look at the folding instructions for the origami kimono posted by my blogging friend Patti of Creations by Patti, I thought, "NO WAY!" But then I looked again at the beautiful thank you cards she had created with it and I just had to give it a try. Well, it took an entire weekend and a lunch hour at work of practicing to finally get it right, but oh, what a feeling of accomplishment! I especially like this origami kimono because unlike other simpler versions, the folds on this are similar to the folds and seams on a real kimono. (Thank you, Patti!)

I decided to use my kimono for the card I planned take to a big papercrafters get together hosted by my dear friend Teri last month. Guests were asked to bring an A2 sized card with a color challenge scheme of pink, green and black.

I definitely struggled with this card...A2? No, not me, hardly ever! Pink, green and black? Way out of my comfort zone! Finally got this done a few days before the get together, but caught a bug and was too ill to attend. Darned, I was so looking forward to this event! And from what I've heard from those who attended, I really missed out on a very special and fun day. I did mail my card to Teri later since all our cards are to be donated to charity.

10 comments:

Creations by Patti said...

Hey Eunice

Great job on the kimono folding. Love your selection of paper used. This card turned out great!!!!

my best,
Patti

Jenny said...

Hi Eunice,
I tried this too but mine didn't come out too good. I'm sure if you made it to the Islander Girls Social you would have won for sure!!!

Jenny

Janis said...

Wow! Love your creation. That is a totally awesome job!! You would have definitely blown away the judges. I might have to "borrow" this idea, as I'm now inspired to try it!! TFS!

Joy said...

this would have been the prettiest card there! love the pinks, greens and black. that origami folded kimono is so sweet! love how this turned out. hope you are totally feeling better and maybe our next get together you'll be good to attend! have a good weekend!

Brenda said...

i saw this on patti's blog but haven't had a chance to create one yet! you did a great job!

Teri said...

Eunice, I am again speechless! I totally LOVE your card and I'm so sorry that you got sick and couldn't attend. Thank you so much for sending the card to me. I still have to send it to a charity, they are so lucky to receive this beauty!

Linda said...

Hey Eunice! This card is definitely a winner! Awesome job on the kimono ... I'm gonna check it out right after this comment! Hope you're feeling better! xoxo, Linda

Jodi said...

Eunice!! Oh I wish you were able to make it at the social, would have loved to finally meet in person. =)
This is just so pretty and I know that everyone would have loved it!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Kelly said...

What a fabulous card Eunice. I don't know how I missed this one. Love the papers you used! You are the queen of origami, there is no doubt about it!

Anonymous said...

Your card is fabulous. I can't seem to get the folding!!