Sunday, September 12, 2010

New Member of the Flock

When Donna Mundinger posted her baby announcement card using the lamb from the Easter Seasonal cartridge earlier this year, I thought it was just the cutest card ever, and knew I wanted to CASE it. Donna has her card posted at her blog, Popsicle Toes, and if you own Design Studio, you can also download a copy of her cutfile which she shares over at Custom Crops.
Instead of doing a shaped card like Donna's, I decided to do another easel card...I'm having so much fun with this style of card, plus they're so quick and easy!
Like Donna, I used the cute lambie from the Easter Seasonal cartridge and embossed her with Cuttlebug's Divine Swirls embossing folder. To do "Baby Girl Bethany", I used true type font LD Charming and rendered it into a cut file using Make the Cut. This awesome program also has a shadow feature which easily created and cut the shadow for the words.
Layered and foam dotted for dimension, added a star button & bow and it was done! All patterned papers are digital, from Lettering Delights.

6 comments:

Brenda said...

this card is so adorable! love the way you added texture to the lamb's face! thanks for inspiring me once again!

Cyndi said...

this is such a cute card! love the lamb!

Joy said...

awe...what a lovely card you made for a darling baby girl. that sheep is so cute! I am sure that they will love it! you do such wonderful cards with that cricut! amazing! have a good week!

Jodi said...

Eunice, so great to hear from you!! Thank you for all of your very sweet comments!!
This is just too cute! LOVE this sheep and easel, anyone would love to have this!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Jen said...

just precious!
Sorry I haven't visited in so long. I lost the link to your blog and have been trying to remember the address. . . Finally found it on one of my old posts.

Kelly said...

How percious is this! I love how you embossed the lamb and personalized the inside! What a keeper for the baby book!