Sunday, August 8, 2010

Expecting Two?

One of the girls at my workplace is expecting twins! We held a baby shower for her couple weekends ago, and this is the card I came up with. This was the first time I had done a card for twins, so I was a bit stumped for ideas at first. Surfed the internet for some ideas, and finally decided to use this stork and baby cut from the New Arrivals cartridge.

Did a mirror image of the baby cut on Design studio for the second twin in the stork's bundle, and layered all the cuts several times. Used the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder to emboss the blue bundle (yes, it's gonna be baby boy twins!) and added the eyelet corners cut with an old Marvy Uchida corner punch. Library label for the sentiment comes from the Tags Bags Boxes & More cartridge.

Here's the inside of the card. Used a Martha Stewart doily edge punch, duckies from the Wild Card cartridge, and hearts are another Marvy Uchida punch, run through the Swiss Dots embossing folder. Font is Catchup.

And here's a view of the finished card, opened and standing as an easel card. Really am enjoying these easel cards and how quick and simple they are to put together!

6 comments:

Joy said...

such a darling card! love that you made twins that the stork is carrying! this is cute! seems like everyone is having a baby! I have 5 friends who either are pregnant or gave birth! yikes! hope you have a great week!

Teri said...

I love your creations! This card for thw twins is so adorable! I'm always wowed when I see your creations Eunice!

Anonymous said...

One of your best yet!
Very sweet card with wonderful elements.

PJ(Jessie Adams)

Cyndi said...

very beautiful card! love it!

Creations by Patti said...

OMG - Eunice

This card is sooooo cute - love it!!! TFS

my best
Patti

Kelly said...

What a fabulous twin card Eunice! I love the stork idea with the 2 bundles of joy! You really put a lot of thought and love into this as you do with all of your cards. I'm sure your friend will treasure it.