Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Birthday Blooms

This is the card and giftcard holder combo I recently put together for my dear friend Kris. Truth be told, I was in a creative slump during this time so I pulled out my Spellbinders Big Blooms dies. Not sure what it is but I've found that something about this floral die set always seems to help stir up the creative juices for me.
    
                                     
I started by creating a cut file for a circular frame with a personalized birthday sentiment welded around the perimeter. Font used was Arial. I cut the frame three times and layered them on top of each other for dimension. Then I added a paper pieced Franklin teddy bear from Marjorie Ann Designs inside the frame and embellished with lots of fun blossoms and leaves that I had die cut using the Big Blooms die set. Clear resin dew drops were randomly added for a little bit of sparkle.

Inside, I used Karen Burniston's Twist Flower Pop Up mechanism to pop up and raise a panel with Franklin teddy bear surrounded by more flowers. 

To create this panel, I first glued the teddy bear and flowers together in an arrangement to my satisfaction, scanned this into my computer at true size,  then imported it  into Make the Cut Design program where I was able to create and cut a black out shadow panel for the teddy and flowers.

Last, I added more flowers to the left corners of the card and the sentiment box and it was done. 

I also made a matching gift card holder using Karen Burniston's "Slider box", "Bam Box", and "Surprise Cube Pop Up" dies."Happy Birthday" sentiment was die cut using Lawn Fawn's "Happy Birthday Border" die. When the drawer of the slider box is pulled open, two surprise cubes pop out and the gift card pops up from inside. Still loving this fun way to present gift cards!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute!