Thursday, June 27, 2024

Promoted to Gramma

                                  
I'm currently at that stage of my life where many of my close friends are becoming first time grandparents, and I enjoy making and sending cards to congratulate them. 

A dear friend recently became a proud gramma to a sweet baby boy so I decided to put together this rectangle pop up card for her. I used a Lori Whitlock cutfile template called "Rectangle Pop Up Card Arbor" as the base for this card, but substituted the front layer of flowers in the original template with a paper pieced teddy bear and stroller. A Sizzlit die from a very old Sizzix "Card Making Set" was used to cut the word "Congratulations" and its shadow layer for the front.

I used a Marjorie Ann Designs cutfiles called "Stardust and Moonbeams" and "Sisters Your First Best Friend" for the teddy bear and stroller. I created a cutfile for eyeglasses by welding shapes in Make the Cut Design program so my teddy bear could look more "gramma-ish", lol!

A computer generated sentiment was printed, trimmed, matted and adhered to the back and bottom panels of the rectangle.

Here's a view of the card flattened and ready to be put into an envelope. These type of pop up cards take a little extra effort to put together but I'm always happy how they turn out.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

You are a great friend to make such a lovely card for the new grandma. I'm sure she appreciated your thoughtfulness. I love all the details you included on your card. Thanks for sharing your craftiness.