Monday, June 10, 2024

SPECTACULAR Achievement

This was the only graduation card I needed to make this summer, for my cousin's daughter. If you guessed it was for an Optometry School graduate, you're right!  I saw a similarly styled card on Etsy, thought it was so cute, and had to CASE it. 

I used an old svg cutfile for the glasses that I had created years ago, enlarged it, cut it three times from glossy card stock and layered it for dimension. The cutfile for the tam was created last year for another doctorate graduate, and the diploma was cut from an very old Quickutz die. The punny sentiment is computer generated, using Paper Flowers and Hello Valentica fonts.

On the inside, I was very happpy and excited to have the chance to use my favorite Karen Burniston's Collage Pop Up die.

I chose to use many of the photos the graduate herself had posted and shared on social media during her years in Optometry School to decorate the inside of the card. Photos were sized and printed by Walgreens Photo as  collage prints and cut to fit the frames for this pop up.

I used metallic, pearlescent and glitter cardstocks in in the university colors for the card. I added a print and cut image of the school seal on the right and the sentiment box on the left side of the card.

I used the same paper pieced tam and diploma to make a matching gift card holder. Glasses were die cut from MFT "Creature Comfort DieNamics" set and "congrats" from Karen Burniston "Congrats Word Set".
Had much fun putting this card set together for the graduate and hoping it brings back lots of good memories of her journey through college.

No comments: