Sunday, December 3, 2023

For My "Deer" Friends

My first Christmas project of the season was a dozen of these reindeer treat boxes, made to share with friends at a holiday dinner get together.
 
Inspired by the many cute reindeer face images I saw online, I tried to create something similar in Make the Cut Design studio. I knew I would be putting puff rice treats in my boxes so I created the template for a flap style treat holder that would be just the right size for one package of puff rice treats.

The treat boxes were designed with a tuck in front flap closure. I glued the paper pieced reindeer heads onto this flap so the treat boxes could easily be opened simply by lifting up reindeer's head.

For a fun final touch, I created a "punny" print and cut gift tag and matted it with glitter cardstock to add to the front of the box. Tiny hearts were cut using a Carla Craft mini heart punch and the dies for the candy cane are from Karen Burniston's Stocking Pop Up die set.

No comments: