Thursday, November 23, 2023

Swing Through Accordion Thanksgiving Card

This is the card I put together to send with our little Thanksgiving "care package" to our granddaughter this year.  
 
I've been wanting to try a landscape format accordion card for quite awhile, especially after seeing all the wonderful cards others have been creating in this style.  For the base of my card, I used Lori Whitlock's Swing Through Valentine Card Cut file, and adjusted the length of the window and frame of the card to be rectangular. Each of the three panels measures 7.25" x 4.25".

Although the finished card is too large to fit into a legal size envelope, I intentionally made this card oversized because I wanted to be able to comfortably fit the cute raccoon and fox die cuts onto the panels.


Several different die sets were used to decorate the three card panels. Marianne Design Eline's Collectibles dies were used to create the fox and raccoon, Lawn Fawn's Grassy Borders, Karen Burniston's Upsy Daisy Pop Up for the flowers, Spellbinders Be Bold Blossoms for the leaves, and a retired Quickutz die for the pumpkin.

I added our computer/printer generated sentiment to the center panel of the accordion. Thank you for stopping by today. Hope you're having a relaxing and enjoyable Thanksgiving!


1 comment:

Lynn said...

This is a really adorable card for your granddaughter. I'm sure she loved it! You do such a good job with interactive cards. I need to make some too...maybe in 2024 I'll take more time with each project. In the meantime, I'll be entertained and inspired by you. Thanks!