Sunday, November 19, 2023

Birthday Wishes for Some Bunny Special

Today I'm sharing the card and matching gift card holder I made to send to our daughter for her birthday. 
 
On the front of the card, I decorated the two panels showing through the window with my favorite  flowers  cut using Spellbinders "Be Bold Blooms" die set and a cute bunny cut and pieced together using dies from Marianne Design Eline's Collectable "Baby Bunny" Set. White pearlized cardstock was used for the panel insets and run through Cuttlebug's "Modern Wallpaper" embossing folder for texture. The sentiment was created using Memo and Hello Valentica fonts in Make the Cut design program. 

On the inside, I used a Doubled Hinged Pop Up mechanism to add movement for a fun interactive card. As the card is opened, the two side panels move apart to reveal the panel behind them. Video tutorial and templates for this pop up card by Tatyana Zhykova of Crazy Paper can be found here.

I used my printer to print the sentiment on the inside and cut it with a shadow layer on my Silhouette Cameo. 

Other than the two sentiments on this card, all other embellishments were created using the dies I mentioned earlier plus Karen Burniston's "Big Birthday Charms" set for the cake slice and presents.

My new favorite way to give a gift card is to enclose it in a box assembled using Karen Burniston's "Slider Box" dies and decorate it to match the card. Lawn Fawn's "Happy Birthday Border" die was used to cut the words on the front.

I always love a surprise element and I'm finding that it's fun to attach the gift card to a rubber band activated Bam Box and add in a pair of pop up cubes in the slider box for some birthday excitement. Pretty sure nearly everyone on my birthday card list will be getting one soon!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I really hope your daughter appreciates all the hard work that went into this card and gift card holder. It is a really pretty set and will really brighten her day. Birthdays are always better when someone makes something that shows you that they think you are special. Love seeing the elaborate paper constructions that you post on your blog.