Sunday, August 27, 2023

Your Friendship Means the World

Today I'm sharing a Surprise Sliding Pop Up style card I created for a sweet friend's birthday.   
 
I came across the cutest paper piecing svg cutfile set called "Heal the World" at Marjorie Ann Designs and knew right away I had to have it! After assembling my teddies sitting on the heart shaped globe, I mounted them onto a fancy label shape cut from a freebie svg shared by Images By Heather M.

I used Spellbinders "Birthday Unboxing" Glimmer foil plate and die to create the Happy Birthday sentiment with an offset shadow layer to add below the teddy bears.

Pulling on the tab at the top of the card pulls the bears and sentiment towards the top of the card and allows the label panel to stand upright.

As the teddies move to the top, the sentiment underneath is revealed.

And at the same time,  a gift card attached to the pull tab appears at the top of the card.

This pop up style card is a real oldie... the video tutorial on You Tube by Beate Johns from Splitcoast Stampers that I always refer back to relearn the steps to making this card was posted 13 years ago! But I still enjoy making this pop up because it's pretty easy to do, doesn't require specialty dies and never fails to bring a smile to its recipient.


1 comment:

Lynn said...

Even though this card style is not new, it turned out like a fresh idea because of the cute images and massage that coordinates with the globe. You are the master of cuteness and really know how to present a gift card.