Sunday, August 13, 2023

Smarter Than The Average Bear!

Every once in awhile in between all the birthday and special occasion cards I make for family and friends, I like to make a "Just Because" card. Here's one I made recently to send our granddaughter when I learned she and her family were planning to go camping at "Jellystone Park".

I grew up watching cartoons of the "smarter than the average bear" Yogi and his sidekick BooBoo Bear who lived in Jellystone Park, stealing "pic-a-nic" baskets from unsuspecting campers. So I was amused to learn that there's a chain of camping recreational resort parks across the U.S. and Canada called Jellystone Park where familes can vacation at.
I was pretty sure our 6 year old granddaughter had never heard of Yogi Bear, so I decided to send her this card just for fun.


Pulling out the slider tab located on the bottom right side of the card makes Yogi Bear come out from hiding behind the tree and run to the left with his pic-a-nic basket!

Coloring page images of Yogi Bear found online were rendered into layered cutting files using Make the Cut Design program. I followed a video tutorial by Karolyn Loncon from My Favorite Things Stamps for the assembly of the Double Slider Loop mechanism that allows Yogi Bear to run to the left.

The slider panel was then adhered to a top folding card. Inside, I added a silly message and clip art of Yogi being chased by Ranger Smith. And as per her mom's request, I tried to keep all the words on the card to first grade emergent reader level so our granddaughter would be able to read it all by herself. 

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I loved Yogi Bear and Boo Boo! It was fun to see cartoon bear again on your card for your granddaughter. You are so sweet to make animated/interactive cards for her. She is a lucky little girl who CAN now read her cards from you!