Monday, September 27, 2021

Welcome Fur Baby

Today's card is one I created and sent to my dear niece who recently brought a new puppy into her home. To add a personalized touch, I added the puppy's name, "Kinako" to the paper pieced dog tag I made for the front of the card.
 
I used the Three Dots embossing folder from Sizzix Textured Impressions Birthday Set #2 on the rounded square panel behind the collar and dog tag. I really wanted to use a pawprint patterned paper for my card so I made my own by randomly scattering pink pawprints on a page in Print Shop publishing program. "Welcome Fur Baby" sentiment was done as a print and cut in Make the Cut.

On the inside, I added a sweet paper pieced puppy sitting on a hexagon pop up. Dog bowl, bones and tennis ball cutting files were created using freebie icon clipart found online. Hexagon pop up stage was put together using the bottom cake layer from Karen Burniston's Cake Pop Up die.

The little puppy was put together using Eline's Puppy dies from Marianne Design. Loving all the cute pups one can create using this fun die set! 

Here's a photo of little "Kinako"... isn't she precious? Just for fun, I tried to make my paper pieced doggie look like the photo my niece had sent of her adorable puppy. How did I do? Lol, well at least I got her white paws right!

Here's a view of the hexagon pop up from the side...


... and a view from the top. Video tutorial by Karen Burniston on how to use her Cake Pop Up die set to make this hexagon pop up stage can be found here. This has quickly become one of my favorite pop up card styles to do.

Then on the backside of the card, I made a simple pocket using the Pocket Border die from Pretty Pink Posh to fit a  giftcard.  I enlarged the same pawprint clipart I had used to make my patterned paper to also make a pawprint cut file to add to the front of the giftcard holder.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Gosh, this is an adorable, personalized doggie card. You did a super job with all the details especially the pop-up parts. I can't believe how creative you are...so much talent!