Monday, May 24, 2021

Housewarming Surprise Pop Up Slider Card

 My cousin's daughter's family recently purchased their new "forever home" in Cali and this is the housewarming card I put together to send our congratulations.

While trying to decide on a style of house to use on my card, I thought it might be fun to create a  paper pieced house that looked like their new home.  I found photos of their house still posted on Zillow and came up with this house. I used basic shapes (squares, triangles) to create the house and roof lines together with some older files I created a few years ago for the windows, door and fence. Flowers and foliage for the flower boxes were cut from old mini punches from Punch Bunch. Unfortunately my paper pieced house didn't turn out looking too much like their new house after all, except maybe for the colors. But that's okay, it's still a kinda cute house anyway, lol.

I decided to make a Surprise Pop Up Slider style card so I could attach an envelope for a gift card onto the sliding mechanism. As the recipient pulls up on the tab at the top of the card, the house slides up to an upright position. and reveals the card sentiments.

This is one of my favorite interactive slider type cards to make because it doesn't take too long to put together and I think it has a pretty big "wow" factor. There are a lot of tutorials easily found on the internet to make this type of card but my favorite is by Beate Johns here.

Here's a view from the top of the card fully open which shows the slider on the top of the card where I attached the envelope for my gift card. It's a little hard to see since I die cut the envelope out of the same cloud patterned paper that I used for the background.


3 comments:

LostnThought said...

This is so cute! The video link doesn't work though. :)

LostnThought said...

Thanks for the files and for fixing the link! I'm so excited to try this!

Lynn said...

What an amazing card for a new home owner. The house is so sweet and detailed.