Sunday, May 16, 2021

Doc Mcstuffins' "Time For A Check Up" Birthday

About a month ago, our granddaughter who was turning 4 in April excitedly told us that she was having a Doc Mcstuffins themed birthday party to celebrate with her preschool classmates. Of course, this clueless gramma had no idea who Doc Mcstuffins was so  I had to quickly do the "Google/Wiki/You Tube Internet Search" to find out. Even sat down to watch several episodes from the series so I could regain some sort of cool gramma status, LOL.
 
I learned that the Doc Mcstuffins series is a fairly new (2012) addition to Disney Channel. She's a young girl who aspires to be a doctor like her mom, and she talks to and heals her broken toys and stuffies.  Happily I had no trouble finding lots of coloring book images, ideas and logos for Doc Mcstuffins on the internet to help me create this personalized themed birthday card for our granddaughter.

On the inside, I was excited to finally get a chance to try out the Photo Collage Pop Up die by Karen Burniston...

I've had this pop up die for awhile but never felt I had enough images to create this collage until now. I printed images from the internet of Doc Mcstuffins and her friends onto glossy photo paper, sizing them to fit into the die cut frames that are included in the pop up die set. 

This fun pop up looks like it might be complicated to assemble but I'm happy to report that I was able to put this collage together on my first try with the help of Karen's You Tube video assembly tutorial.

Cutting files for all the paper pieced embellishments on this card, including the paper pieced Doc Mcstuffins on the front were created in Make the Cut design program from coloring book images or icon clip art. This is a fun pop up card to make and receive; the only drawback being that I rarely have enough photos to create a collage. I guess I need to start taking more photos of people instead of only paper projects!

Prior to the themed party, my daughter asked if I could help put together some "Doc bags" for the party guests.


This is what Doc Mcstuffins' doctor bag looks like. I was happy to find lots of freebie templates online to recreate this as a treat bag for birthday parties....

But then I was told that all this stuff (stethoscope, clipboard and "Big Book of Boo Boos) had to fit into each bag... what?!! (The guests would all be playing doctors who would be doing "check ups" on their stuffed animals at the party)

Since the bags needed to be at least 8 inches high to accommodate the clipboard, we decided to use ready made lavender colored gift bags, trim off the handles and attach a glittery handled topper. The back flap of the topper was glued onto the bag and I used strong neodymium magnets for the front closure.

Cutting files for the glittery handled topper and this "most important" paper pieced Doc Mcstuffins bandaid logo were created in Make the Cut design program.
Themed birthday parties are always so much fun and I'm so happy that I had the chance to help with the bags. 

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow! You must be the best crafty grandma ever! I can't believe all the effort that went into the party favors. You are a crafting goddess grandma. Thank goodness I only have grandsons who are into dinosaurs and trucks which are easy to incorporate into favors. They are still young so they could care less about what party favors look like. Your granddaughter is a very lucky girl.

Diane S - Hawaii said...

Wow, Eunice! You are so good. I love watching Doc McStuffins and her stuff animals coming to life. Thank you for sharing!