Friday, March 12, 2021

Kawaii Kokeshi

Today I'm sharing some of sweet Girls Day treat boxes and Kokeshi doll paper crafts I recently received from my super creative and thoughtful friends.
 

I simply love this pretty Girls Day treat holder created by my dear friend Lorna. I think the blue she chose to use for her box is striking, and really makes her sweet kokeshi, the Asian diecut border and Mt. Fuji stand out so beautifully. Side view of her treat holder shows how Lorna constructed it to be a sleeve for a roll of yummy HiChew candies.

This adorable kokeshi doll card was also created by Lorna. She used the "Chibi Geisha Girl with Lantern" cutting file from SVG Cutting Files to cut and paper piece her kokeshi and added it to a shoji background with a branch of cherry blossoms. 


This ah-mazing origami octagon box was created by my crafty friend Kris' talented and creative aunt. This box is 5-1/2 inches in diameter, beautifully folded to showcase the colors and pattern of the double sided origami papers.

Here's a peek of the inside of the box and bottom of the box. I understand it takes 16 perfectly folded sheets of origami to create this box and lid. I love this, and really would love to give it a try one day... however my origami folding skills are really bad so it may take me a bit of practicing to create something as lovely as this is!


This is a wallet size ID /credit card holder/case that was decorated by my sweet and special friend, Claire. Claire also used the Chibi Geisha cutting file from SVG Cutting files for her Japanese girl. I really like how she added the die cut mini torii in the background, and the tiny double layered cherry blossoms with glittery centers really make this scene so pretty!
I am truly blessed to have so many thoughtful and crafty friends. I enjoy sharing their projects and hope that you may be inspired, as I always am by their creativity.

No comments: